Sunday, March 23, 2014

Billy Joel - A Sobering Night

So this past week Jen and I went to see Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.  It was an absolutely phenomenal show!  He sounded like he was playing a record, and the acoustics were fantastic!  Jen is a HUGE Billy Joel fan so to watch her enjoy the show was extra special!

Not too long ago I would've used this as an excuse, no - motivation to drink and make it a complete rager!  Not this time though, I'm committed to this transformation and I know it's going to yield amazing results for my entire family!  The biggest difference on Friday at MSG was really that I never looked at it like I was sacrificing anything because I really wasn't.  I will never forget that night and a few years back I may have never been able to remember it!  Nowadays those same excuses are now my motivation, and I hope to inspire others on the same path!  I'm not saying there's no room for cocktails, but right now I'm just choosing not to.  

When you approach a tempting situation, try this method.
1-stop - do not just act involuntarily.
2-challenge - yourself and ask "will this help me achieve my primary goal?"
3-choose - make a conscious choice to either stay the course or veer into old or poor habits.

This helps me a lot, and even when I don't make a good decision at least I know that I made it and it wasn't "habit".


No comments:

Post a Comment